This discussion thread has reminded me of my old EE 101? class
some 40 years ago.  The textbook was "Transformation Calculus and
Electrical Transients" published by Prentice-Hall in 1949 and last
edited in 1955.  Chapter 3 describes the British engineer Oliver
Heaviside who developed the now famous "operational calculus".
When criticized by the mathematicians of his day for not providing
a rigorous proof of his methods, he responded "Shall I refuse my
dinner because I do not fully understand the process of digestion?"

I do not fully understand the vagaries of OSHA and local laws with
regard to ITE.  However, I know that with UL approval on all models
we have experienced no difficulties marketing our products across
the U.S.  This applies to both the consumer and business markets.

George Alspaugh
Lexmark International

---------------------- Forwarded by George Alspaugh/Lex/Lexmark on 09/16/98

"WOODS, RICHARD" <woods%sensormatic....@interlock.lexmark.com> on 09/16/98