snip
>     Under ANSI C63.4, alternative sites generally must meet volumetric
>     site attenuation criteria.  "Weather protected test sites" are
>     currently exempt from this requirement (perhaps due to industry
>     pressure?) but the requirement is under consideration.
>
>     If and when volumetric site attenuation measurements must be
>     universally met, I wonder how many previously acceptable sites will
>     have to be abandoned or rebuilt.
>
>     Jim Hulbert
>     Senior Engineer - EMC
>     Pitney Bowes

This was the major factor in our decision to build a new site.  I don't know
when volumetric testing will become a requirement, but it was indicated to
me that it would happen in the near future.  I suspect that anyone that is
currently running a little short on ground plane, or sites with large
turntables will not be able to meet volumetric NSA.  I can't dispute whether
or not volumetric NSA measurements make sense from a technical point of
view, but they will certainly cost many labs a lot of money.  A bigger
concern of mine is what other changes might obsolete our new test facility
in the next 10 or 20 years.

Best Regards,

Mike Fahrion
mfahr...@bb-elec.com