Hi folks,

I have a sample of just such a flexible ferrite loaded cable here in my
hand.  I have had it for many years the intent being to use it for a
test site antenna feed.  All I remember about it (and my memory is not
that good!) is that I believe it is of German manufacture.  Any details
I had on this cable have been lost in antiquity.  It is heavy, and
looking at it I think it is not meant for low loss applications.

Brief description based on my guestimate of dimensions.:

Center conductor        7 strands of about 22 AWG plain copper (large
diameter - nearly 2mm?)
Dielectric              solid polyethylene
Single woven braid      not wrapped very tightly also plain copper
Thin  (0.5 mm ?) layer of ferrite material under outer jacket .
Overall diameter is just over 1 cm maybe 1.2 cm.

Given the weight of this two meter section I would not want it used for
the full length of the feed cable.  There are no ID marking on this so
it might be a prototype, the outer jacket is grey with a blue stripe
running along it FWIW.

Now the capon type ferrites do not provide much attenuation over the
lower frequencies so this cable might not be effective where most needed
30 - 200 MHz.

        So I would think that such cables are available but I have not
seen any other reference to them at least for commercial applications.
So someone should be able to find it.

        Regards,
                        Colin..

                        Compaq