Keep in mind a couple special conditions:
In some medical areas like operating rooms isolating transformers are used, in
which case normal operation is a balanced 60 volts to ground from either phase
or neutral. IT systems are often similar. In either case, faults will place
either neutral or phase at the phase voltage above ground and permit continued
operation.
In some recording studios systems a 120 volt supply with a center tap neutral
is provided for hum reduction.
On a three phase IT system, a fault may end up with both conductors of a
single phase load at phase voltage above ground.
Miswiring, swapping phase and neutral is also common.
Equipment for 230 volt is sometimes run in North America on 208 volts (of a
120/208 volt 3 phase supply), each leg being 120 volts to ground.
The message is, assume the neutral may be up to phase voltage above ground.

Bob