I have a question about what is an acceptable voltage range for voltage
measured between the Neutral line and the Earth line in both the USA and
in Europe. I am concerned strictly with 115 and 230 VAC systems for ITE.

I know that in the USA we measure from Hot to Earth and get approx. 115
VAC and we measure between the Neutral and Earth and get something less
than 10 VAC.

As far as I can tell, if you measure from Hot to Earth in Europe you get
approx. 230 VAC and from Neutral to Earth you get less than 10 VAC. I also
know that you may not have an Earth terminal in some places in Europe or
that it can be something not Earth.

I should (and think I do) know the answer to this. But I would like to
hear from others. Thanks in advance for your replies.

Regards,
Scott
s_doug...@ecrm.com