From:   Max Kelson [SMTP:mkel...@es.com]
Sent:   Wednesday, February 11, 1998 11:37 AM
To:     emc-p...@ieee.org
Subject:        RE: Re[2]: Upcoming EMC Seminar

I would vote to allow a continuation of posting of EMC/safety seminars.
This is valuable information and Henry Ott, for instance, is certainly a
prestigious contributor to the field.

On the flip side, though, I believe that EMC and safety consultants have
some obligation to make contributions to this forum and it seems like
they never do.  In addition, the papers they submit to the journals seem
to sometimes lack the detailed information that would make them useful
in a practical sense.

Even in their seminars some of these experts seem to prefer to simply
grind out the same old basic and abstract stuff while saving the more
useful information for some "special" or "separate" seminar costing
still more money.

The bottom line, I guess, is that we should start asking them to
participate in this forum, when appropriate, in exchange for advertising
privileges.  I suggest members should also provide negative feedback on
seminars that don't provide practical, useful information, substantiated
by emissions tests.

Max Kelson
mkel...@es.com