From:   owner-emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org
[mailto:owner-emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org] On Behalf Of Grasso, Charles
(Chaz)
Sent:   Tuesday, April 28, 1998 7:30 AM
To:     'WOODS, RICHARD'; 'emc-pstc'; 'Ing. Gert Gremmen'
Subject:        RE: GS Requirements

I have been following this thread with interest and would like to ask
Ing. Gert Gremmen a pointed question.

Gert, In your email you stated:

"For the moment all i want to say is that the GOAL of all so-called
new-approach directives is and was to stop all barriers that existed for
importing and exporting any goods.  The GOAL of the ce-mark was to
introduce a common symbol to show that the product marked had free
access to the full EU."

Q. Does Germany, or any other EU country, impose a fine on ITE products
that comply
with the Class A EMI limits intended for commercial applications?

Thank you
Charles Grasso
EMC Engineer
StorageTek