Hello Richard,

It's the ce-marking directive (93/68/EEC)  that changed the legal status of
both EMC and LVD directives.Before the amendments on these 2 (and more) took
place, the application of both directives was "voluntary" (no sanctions).

Look on the site of DGXIII   http://www2.echo.lu/nasd/ for an overview of
the directives that
were amended in 93.

"Sometimes we have to forget quicly not to get stuck in older requirements"
(free after Richard Woods)

Feel free to continue discussion to the benefit of those who dare not
ask.....

Regards,

Gert Gremmen, Ing.

== Ce-test, Qualified testing ==
Consultants in EMC, Electrical safety and Telecommunication
Compliance tests for European standards and ce-marking
Member of NEC/IEC voting committee for EMC.
Our Web presence: http://www.cetest.nl
List of current harmonized standards http://www.cetest.nl/emc-harm.htm
15 great tips for the EMC-designer http://www.cetest.nl/features01.htm