Hi Joe,

Personally, in my humble opinion, I'd have to
question what would happen to my end user if
for any reason what so ever the AC adapter
shorted over to the 7vdc side.

This is a personal opinion.  I try to stand up
on a soap box about matters like this and usually
lose.  But, in my opinion, I try to read the
spirit of the standards rather than the black
and white.

I understand that what I'm suggesting is not
really spelled out in black and white somewhere,
but if given half the chance, I'd test. One
of my jobs is safety whether it's written
in some standard or not.

I would think of the adapter AND the product
to which it's attached as the "system". Not
only that, but a 115/230 VAC AC powered system
and test it as such.

Again, simply my opinion ...

Regards,  Doug McKean