Hi Laura:

>   Could someone please tell me where previous EMC and safety discussions are
>   posted on the internet.

emc-pstc messages are archived at:

    http://www.rcic.com/

Click on "Virual Conference Hall."  The archives can
be searched by topic.

>   Also I am interested to know if a detachable UK power Cord is required to be
>   fused. Products using this line cord have integral fuses in both AC lines.

Yes.  The UK uses a "ring" wiring scheme such that the
installation overcurrent protection cannot protect the
power cord wires as is done in the North America branch
wiring scheme.  Therefore, to protect the power cord from
overcurrent, the plug must include a fuse.  (The plug fuse
does NOT protect the load from overcurrent; this is a
function of the product fuse.)

Best regards,
Rich

 Richard Nute                      Product Safety Engineer
 Hewlett-Packard Company           Product Regulations Group
 AiO Division                      Tel   :   +1 858 655 3329
 16399 West Bernardo Drive         FAX   :   +1 858 655 4979
 San Diego, California 92127       e-mail:  ri...@sdd.hp.com