Laura

Re. the power cord.....

SI No.1768 requires UK consumer products to be fitted with a plug conforming
to BS1363.  Both BS1363 and SI 1768 require the plug to be fused.

The fuse value is determined by the cross sectional area of the power cord
conductors.

I doubt that you could find an unfused UK power cord set anyway.

Hope this helps

Chris Colgan
EMC & Safety
TAG McLaren Audio Ltd