Under this interpretation, I would advise a statement something like the
following on your product(s) or in the manual to meet the Denmark
requirement :

"This product must be connected to an electrical outlet that is properly
grounded."

There are currently only two Nordic language statements required to
stipulate earth grounding.

Note that in Japan there are many outlets that have no earth ground, causing
the same problem, i.e. inabilibty to depend on an earthing path.  Sadly, this is
often dealt with by providing a plug with a "flying" ground lead, which is
easier
for the end user to cut off than the heavier grounding pin affixed to the plug.

As I understand it, even newer homes in Japan have grounded outlets only
in the kitchen and bathroom, unlikely places for home ITE to be plugged in.

As a result, it is best to limit products there to Class II, or Class I designs
which
also meet the Class II double/reinforced insulation requirements.

George Alspaugh

woods%sensormatic....@interlock.lexmark.com on 09/27/99 03:40:26 PM

Please respond to woods%sensormatic....@interlock.lexmark.com