I just received an amended CB report for a product we make and I was
reviewing it and see that a 'fail' verdict was given for a deviation + test
in Sub-Clause 5.3.101 of the Japanese deviation to IEC 950.  A remark of
"Not evaluated as part of this investigation" also appears.  The text of the
Deviation + Test reads: "Add: The insulation resistance shall comply with
the requirements of Clauses 16.3 of IEC Publication 335-1 (1976) Second
Edition."

I use UL1950 2nd and 3Rd ed. and I cannot find this 5.3.101 reference in the
latest copy of the standard, much less IEC Pub 335-1.  If a customer put me
on the spot for this, I might need to test for it... Can someone educate me
on this?

Thank You.

Kyle Ehler  kyle.eh...@lsil.com <mailto:kyle.eh...@lsil.com>
Assistant Design Engineer