Dear All,

A question from UK:

Does anyone have a strategy for handling the Low Voltage and EMC Directive
requirements relating to equipment made for use in-house?

By this, I mean test boxes, power supplies, break-out boxes, etc.

These products are not meant to be offered for sale (ie not 'placed on the
market'), but have been 'taken into service' by being switched on and used.
I think, therefore, that the protection requirements of the Directives must
be met, but CE marking is not necessary.

In terms of Safety, I think EN 60950 and EN 61010-1 are relevant.

Does anyone have a view on this?

Cheers,

Carlos Perkins