Have I got an old copy of CFR 47?
I happen to run across this paragraph the other day?. I can't be more than a
year old, as the CD ROM its contained on was purchased around that time.

§2.955  Retention of records.
        (a)  For each equipment subject to verification, the responsible
party, as shown in §2.909 shall maintain the records listed as follows:
                (1)  A record of the original design drawings and
specifications and all changes that have been made that may affect
compliance with the requirements of §2.953.
                (2)  A record of the procedures used for production
inspection and testing (if tests were performed) to insure the conformance
required by §2.953.  (Statistical production line emission testing is not
required.)
                (3)  A record of the measurements made on an appropriate
test site that demonstrates compliance with the applicable regulations in
this chapter.  The record shall:
                        (i)  Indicate the actual date all testing was
performed;
                        (ii)  State the name of the test laboratory,
company, or individual performing the verification testing.  The Commission
may request additional information regarding the test site, the test
equipment or the qualifications of the company or individual performing the
verification tests;
                        (iii)  Contain a description of how the device was
actually tested, identifying the measurement procedure and test equipment
that was used;
                        (iv)  Contain a description of the equipment under
test (EUT) and support equipment connected to, or installed within, the EUT;
                        (v)  Identify the EUT and support equipment by trade
name and model number and, if appropriate, by FCC Identifier and serial
number;
                        (vi)  Indicate the types and lengths of connecting
cables used and how they were arranged or moved during testing;
                        (vii)  Contain at least two drawings or photographs
showing the test set-up for the highest line conducted emission and showing
the test set-up for the highest radiated emission.  These drawings or
photographs must show enough detail to confirm other information contained
in the test report.  Any photographs used must be focused originals without
glare or dark spots and must clearly show the test configuration used;
                        (viii) List all modifications, if any, made to the
EUT by the testing company or individual to achieve compliance with the
regulations in this chapter;
                        (ix)  Include all of the data required to show
compliance with the appropriate regulations in this chapter; and
                        (x)  Contain, on the test report, the signature of
the individual responsible for testing the product along with the name and
signature of an official of the responsible party, as designated in §2.909.
                (4)  For equipment subject to the provisions in Part 15 of
this chapter, the records shall indicate if the equipment was verified
pursuant to the transition provisions contained in §15.37 of this chapter.
        (b)  The records listed in paragraph (a) of this section shall be
retained for two years after the manufacture of said equipment item has been
permanently discontinued or until the conclusion of an investigation or a
proceeding if the manufacturer or importer is officially notified that an
investigation or any other administrative proceeding involving his equipment
has been instituted.