I have a question about record retention.

We make ITE which incorporates lasers and certify to LVD, EMC directives.
We do not create a TCF specifically. We do have outside lab test reports
for safety and for EMC. We also have the usual parts lists and CAD drawings
for fabrication and assembly along with test procedures. We do record all
production tests required for each product shipped.

What documents do we need to keep and how long do we need to keep them?

We keep the form where we record production tests required for compliance
(hipot, ground continuity, laser safety, etc.) for ten years. What
engineering drawings, parts lists, test procedures, etc. do we need to keep
and for how long? Can anyone point me to a specific reference that requires
this?

Thank you in advance for your comments.

Scott
s_doug...@ecrm.com