Hi group,
What about CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive which make user of laser. Is there any
laser requirement in Australia?

I have hear from someone that there is a control list of products that
requires safety approval.
But am not sure where to obtain this list and not sure is it controlled by
the state authority.
I don't think pheripherals product falls under this list.

The pheripherals product that I am referring should be classified as SELV
product, e.g. drives (CD, DVD, harddisk, floppy), sound card, graphic
cards). Telecom products should be considered separately because of the
mandatory Telecommunication requirement.

Maybe someone out there could share some light on this.

Barry,
Thanks for the advice.
I do agree with you that there does not seem to have much safety
enforcement in Australia.
But with exception to devices connected to the mains, just as for the AC-DC
adaptor, it needs to obtain approval from the any of the state authority.

Thanks
Koh