Society,

Our company is contemplating a 3m lab for preliminary emissions scans.  We
aren't looking for "submittable" results, but rather, a decent indicator of
whether or not modifications to the EUT improve emissions.  In your opinions,
what is the minimum setup needed to achieve this?  Without a proper ground plane
and some sort of shielding on the walls, can a spectrum analyzer/antenna setup
do any good?  How are other company's labs set up?  I've heard of people putting
an open lab on their roofs.  What kind of results do they get?  Any opinions,
experiences, or ideas are appreciated.

Thanks,
Brent