Brent wrote:

>Our company is contemplating a 3m lab for preliminary emissions scans.  We
>aren't looking for "submittable" results, but rather, a decent indicator of
>whether or not modifications to the EUT improve emissions.  In your opinions,

I have had great luck with a spectrum analyzer and proper ant.  We work to get
the EUT
to look like ambient.  That is if you can't tell it's turned on, we then go to a
 test house
to get the official test done.  I have no ground plane or fancy equipment.  Just
 my Tek 2712
Spectrum Analyzer w/ EMC package and two ant.  I also use my spectrum analyzer
w/ LISN to do
conduted emissions.

eric h.