-----Original Message-----
From: Art Michael [mailto:amich...@connix.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 14, 2000 9:03 PM
To: CE-test - Ing. Gert Gremmen - ce-marking and more...
Cc: Emc-Pstc@Ieee. Org
Subject: Re: safe voltage limits for cattle ( cows horses etc)

Hello Gert,

After watching the responses to your query for the last few days, and the
good humour offered too, I decided to see what I could find on the
subject.

If you go to either of my two favorite search tools <www.raging.com> or
<www.google.com> and input the term

stray voltage AND cows

you will get a number of very good hits at the top of the pile of links
they locate. (Don't use any quote marks surrounding the term)

A quick read of a few of the papers indicates that cows are sensitive to
very low voltages (well below 30V) and very small currents. And, although
I didn't note any standards, per se, I did note a number of
recommendations. Apparently this is a well-known and long-studied area of
interest.

Regards, Art Michael

Int'l Product Safety News
A.E. Michael, Editor
166 Congdon St. East
P.O. Box 1561
Middletown CT 06457 U.S.A.

Phone  :  (860) 344-1651
Fax    :  (860) 346-9066
Email  :  i...@connix.com
Website:  http://www.safetylink.com
ISSN   :  1040-7529

---

Ah, then there must be a Bovine / Equine Equipotential Directive.

Ed  Price
ed.pr...@cubic.com
Electromagnetic Compatibility Lab
Cubic Defense Systems
San Diego, CA.  USA
858-505-2780 (Voice)
858-505-1583 (Fax)
Military & Avionics EMC Services Is Our Specialty
Shake-Bake-Shock - Metrology - Reliability Analysis