EMC Directive) is withdrawn for the old standards.  Any product imported or
placed into service in the EC as of that date must have been tested to the
new standards.  If it is an older product, it must be re-tested.

The DoW for EN 55022:1998 is 1 August 2001.  The DoW for EN 55024:1998 is 1
July 2001.  These are ITE standards.  I'm not sure if there are others that
apply to your products.

BTW, I'll be in Pullman this weekend if you want to discuss this personally.

Ghery Pettit
Intel Corporation

-----Original Message-----
From: don_macart...@selinc.com [mailto:don_macart...@selinc.com]
Sent: Monday, June 19, 2000 1:07 PM
To: emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org
Subject: Philosophy for old designs with new requirements.

I would appreciate some feedback on the following:

Let's say I have several existing designs which meet the requirements for CE
Marking today (EMC & Safety).  What is the requirement for these existing
designs when a new standard comes out, let's say six months from now?

I think the older designs must be re-designed to meet the new requirements
or
not be sold into the EU.  Is this true?  What ammunition is out there for me
prove this fact to the higher-ups?

Thank you,
Don