For EMC, if you have demonstrated compliance with the EMC Directive via the
technical construction file route, you probably don't need to be concerned with
new standards.  You should check with the competent body that assessed the file.

However, if you have demonstrated compliance with the EMC Directive by testing
to the harmonized standards that apply to your product, then you do have to
comply with any new standards if your product falls under their scope.   This
also applies to revisions of existing standards.  There is a transition period
for each new or revised standard that can be found in the front of the standard.
The date of withdrawal (DOW) of conflicting standards is the date by which your
product must comply with the new or revised standards.

Jim Hulbert
Pitney Bowes

don_macart...@selinc.com on 06/19/2000 04:06:58 PM

Please respond to don_macart...@selinc.com