Robert Legg wrote:

> Is there any possibility of getting the EMC and
> product safety postings partitioned ~ to assist
> in cutting surplus mail traffic?

In my opinion, this would be not good.

Several reasons:

First - I've been involved with this and other
newsgroups for several years.  Doug's Law of
newsgroups is - No matter how one cuts it, you'll
never get all people to post only those posts with
which you wish to be involved, associated, or
interested.

Second - As a compliance person, I have at my
disposal with this group lots of resources for
both EMC and Safety.  For me, having to subscribe
to two groups (not sure if that's what you're
suggesting) to end up with the same amount of
email of this one group isn't viable.  - Doug