                From:   James, Chris [mailto:c...@dolby.co.uk]
                Sent:   Friday, March 10, 2000 3:31 AM
                To:     'ricklinf...@phobos.com';
emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org
                Subject:        RE: IEC 825 and Light Emitting diodes.

                We have a product using a focused high power led array which
we had tested
                and was determined as Class 2 and so mark the equipment
such.

                There are a number of high power leds on the market for use
as indicators in
                areas of high ambient light, i.e. public display boards.

                When viewed from close range such leds are extremely bright.
It is leds such
                of this type that I would consider prudent on having tested.

                Regards,
                Chris