From: wo...@sensormatic.com [mailto:wo...@sensormatic.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 09, 2000 2:16 PM
To: emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org
Subject: RE: IEC 825 and Light Emitting diodes.

Some of our ITE products have LED indicators. A well know European based
agency has evaluated them based upon the manufacturer's specifications and
our circuit designs. Yes, fault conditions must be considered but usually
there is sufficient information in the data sheets to indicate that the
device is compliant at the higher voltage.  In a couple of cases, we have
had some difficulty due to the lack of sufficient information on the data
sheet; and we had to obtain more information from the manufacturer. We have
never had to perform emission testing, and we have not been instructed to
include the laser marking even though we display the agency's compliance
mark.

Richard Woods