The most common mistakes carried out on PCB are:

1 Use 2-layer instead of multi-layer boards
2 Permit high F clocks to go trough long traces (> 4 Mhz)
3 Place connectors all over the surface instead of corner or edge
4 Let input and out lines of analog and power circuits run unfiltered to the
cable
5 Use metal can oscillators (too high current drive)
6 Empty copper-fill grounded through thin traces (copper fill is of no use
to emi)
7 Create 2 different ground planes that will compete for "real emc ground".
8....

Regards,

Gert Gremmen

ce-test qualified testing