Hi All,
With the remarks about this topic needing to be discussed in IEC and industry
committees as well as  between
professionals, I think it may be time to inject that there are local Product
Safety Societies (or the IEEE versions)
that were formed for this particular reason. Perhaps the Engineers that sit on
these TAG and TC committees should join
up and take an ACTIVE role in these groups. With their participation in local
safety societies, the entire industry
will be represented and can be considered to have a voice in the development of
standards and the considerations
therein. I am not so sure that the NRTL's and Notified bodies should have the
only voice in this process.

Scott Barrows
NPSS