From: wmf...@aol.com [mailto:wmf...@aol.com]
Sent: 26 October 2001 12:42
To: emc-p...@ieee.org
Subject: EMI filter hazards

Many of us incorporate these little babies in our designs, and good design
practices require their placement at the enclosure threshhold to prevent
re-radiation. This sometimes means the filter is upstream of the/any mains
switch or breaker.

In these cases, what can be done to mitigate the shock risk at the equipment
plug for those first seconds after removal? We warn our customers at the
mains terminals and in the manual, but, still....