Without knowing anything about your system, RFID and RF bombarders, I will
merely offer a SWAG.  My guess is that the RFID system is a magnetic loop
system?  If so, copper will not have significant effect on shielding the
system.  Ferrous material will.  Try a galvanized sheet steel for a shield.
This is a commonly available material and will afford much better shielding
effectiveness at that frequency than copper will.  You will be using the
sheet steel to guide the flux from the bombarder around instead of through
the RFID system.  If the shield is too close to the RFID system, you will
warp the field of the intended RFID signal also.

It might also be that you are on the threshold of receiver blocking for the
proximity of the 400 kHz bombarder frequency compared to the desired 530 kHz
RFID frequency .  How sharp can you make a notch filter that is sufficiently
stable for your environment?

Good luck,

Don Umbdenstock
Sensormatic