> UL and/or CSA certification are mandatory within the electrical
safety area, to
> have access to the US and Canadian marked. Right ?

Yes.

> I know there are some differences between them, the certification
fee, the
> certification-handling period and the number of audit/year.
>
> My questions are:
> 1.Do they have the same status?

UL by itself is not accepted in Canada.
CSA by itself is not accepted in the US.

> 2.What requirements do the end users/ buyers have,
> do most of them prefer one of the approvals?

I've only run into that problem with NRTLs other
than UL and CSA for domestic (US) approvals
and that was primarily with telco companies.

> 3.Do we have to go for both of them?

Yes.

If you go to CSA, then tell them you have to have
approvals for both Canada and the US.

If you go to UL, then tell them you have to have
approvals for both Canada and the US.

It's up to you,  6 of one or a six-pack of another ...

- Doug McKean