Well, this discussion has reached the point where I must add something
I read about some years ago.  It goes something like this:

For many years, Russia was known to conduct many experiments involving
paranormal activity, probably to determine if there were any military value
in such phenomena as psychic communications etc., if in fact they existed.

I was surprised to see an article in a National Geographic years ago that told
of one such experiment.  It involved photography of the "aura" (presumably
electromagnetic fields) that surround the human body.  The peaks in this aura,
or field were found to be consistent with the primary acupuncture points long
before identified by the Chinese.

A "faith" (hand-on) healing was photographed, revealing that the aura of
the healer diminished during the process while the aura of the person being
"healed" increased, i.e. a possible transfer of energy.

The point of all this is if the Russians truly developed a means to photograph
the low power EMF surrounding humans, it would seem that the same technique
would also photograph the EMF surrounding PCBs etc.

I have no comment on whether any of the above is true science, but I DID read
it in the generally respected National Geographic, albeit not a scientific
journal.

George Alspaugh