With all this talk about visualization, I thought I'd toss in my bit.

Here at Datex-Ohmeda we have a small NC mill sometimes used by the R&D
group to make small prototype parts, but it often sits idle.  Since I have
a spectrum analyzer and a variety of small dimension H and E field probes
I've built, I thought it would be interesting to build the equivalent of an
EMScan.  The control program is being written in LabVIEW and is coming
along pretty well.  One nice thing about the mill is that I can program the
scan height for any rectangle I define, so tall components can be hopped
over.  When it's all done, I should be able to play a frequency swept
"movie" of the board on an intensity graph.  The cheaper way to do this
would be to find an older X-Y plotter and skip the height variation.  If I
ever get the beast done, it will be open source to LabVIEW users.

Best regards,

Brent DeWitt
Datex-Ohmeda
Louisville, CO