From: Cook, Jack [mailto:jack.c...@cax.usa.xerox.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 02, 2001 2:51 PM
To: 'Rich Nute'
Cc: emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org
Subject: RE: Creepage dist. for more than 1000V ?

Rich,

Not really "absurd" given the quality of some of the board construction &
materials I saw in those early days.  For one thing, the materials did not
suffer heat well for very long (paper/phenolic?) - remember they were still
using tubes or later a mix of tubes & semi's.  I also worked in TV shops
during school and can remember thoroughly cooked PCB materials.

Regards,
Jack
Xerox EMC