As I recall, the old pcb material was made from urea and smelled like it. Or
the exploding selenium rectifiers  were a dead giveaway, just like H2S.

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: oover...@lexmark.com
  To: emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org
  Sent: Friday, August 03, 2001 5:55 PM
  Subject: RE: TV nostalgia

  I have noticed several responses related to the smell of the old equipment.
  I had been thinking the very same thing.

  You could trouble-shoot by the type of smell a failed component produced (cap
  vs. resistor, vs choke, etc.)

  Ever notice how connected one's memory and smells are connected?
  Think about the number of things, both good and bad, that particular smells
  recall.

  Fresh cut grass, a certain type of perfume, a new or old car, fresh paint,
  burning leaves, foods, etc.

  rbusche%es....@interlock.lexmark.com on 08/03/2001 05:02:21 PM

  Please respond to rbusche%es....@interlock.lexmark.com