Bonjour de Montréal,

The FCC regulation allows the construction and marking (see FCC2.jpg) of PC
when they are assembled using separately authorized components. Here are a
copies of sections of the FCC regulation"
15.19  Labelling requirements.

        (a)  In addition to the requirements in Part 2 of this chapter, a
device subject to certification or verification shall be labelled as
follows:

                (1)  Receivers associated with the operation of a licensed
radio service, e.g., FM broadcast under Part 73 of this chapter, land mobile
operation under Part 90, etc., shall bear the following statement in a
conspicuous location on the device:

This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules.  Operation is subject to
the condition that this device does not cause harmful interference.

                (2)  A stand-alone cable input selector switch, shall bear
the following statement in a conspicuous location on the device:

This device is verified to comply with Part 15 of the FCC Rules for use with
cable television service.

                (3)  All other devices shall bear the following statement in
a conspicuous location on the device:

This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules.  Operation is subject to
the following two conditions:  (1)  this device may not cause harmful
interference, and (2)  this device must accept any interference received,
including interference that may cause undesired operation.

                (4)  Where a device is constructed in two or more sections
connected by wires and marketed together, the statement specified under
paragraph (a) of this section is required to be affixed only to the main
control unit.

                (5)  When the device is so small or for such use that it is
not practicable to place the statement specified under paragraph (a) of this
section on it, the information required by this paragraph shall be placed in
a prominent location in the instruction manual or pamphlet supplied to the
user or, alternatively, shall be placed on the container in which the device
is marketed.  However, the FCC identifier or the unique identifier, as
appropriate, must be displayed on the device.

        (b)  Products subject to authorization under a Declaration of
Conformity shall be labelled as follows:

                (1)  The label shall be located in a conspicuous location on
the device and shall contain the unique identification described in §2.1074
of this chapter and the following logo:

                        (i)  If the product is authorized based on testing
of the product or system; or

See FCC1.jpg

                        (ii)  If a personal computer is authorized based on
assembly using separately authorized components, in accordance with
§15.101(c)(2) or (c)(3), and the resulting product is not separately tested:

SEE FCC2.jpg2

Copy of 15.101
(c)  Personal computers shall be authorized in accordance with one of the
following methods:

                (2)  The personal computer is authorized under a Declaration of
Conformity
or a grant of certification, and the CPU board or power supply in that
computer is replaced with a CPU board or power supply that has been
separately authorized under a Declaration of Conformity or a grant of
certification; or

                (3)  The CPU board and power supply used in the assembly of a
personal
computer have been separately authorized under a Declaration of Conformity
or a grant of certification; and

Hope this help

Benoît Nadeau, ing., M.ing. (P.Eng., M.Eng)
Gérant du Groupe Conformité (Conformity Group Manager)
Matrox
1055 boul. St-Regis
Dorval (Quebec)
Canada H9P 2T4