From: Ken Javor [mailto:ken.ja...@emccompliance.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 19, 2001 8:01 PM
To: John Cronin; emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org
Subject: Re: FCC + FCC = FCC?

Talk about ripping the lid off of Pandora's box...

----------
From: "John Cronin" <croni...@hotmail.com>
To: emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org
Subject: FCC + FCC = FCC?
Date: Tue, Jun 19, 2001, 5:24 PM

Hi Group

This is a question regarding a plug in PC card that has been stated as FCC
compliant which is inserted in a PC that is also stated to be FCC compliant
and the emissions are found to actually exceed the FCC limits.

What is the responsibility of the manufacturer who is intending to place
this on the market as a functional unit?  Are they liable for the overall
unit or can they sell on the basis that it comprises FCC compliant sub
assemblies, albeit evidently originally tested in different configurations.

If they are liable, how can anyone sell any PC/PC card combination
considering that the card could have originally been tested in a so called
golden PC.

Many thanks

John Cronin

  _____