From: Courtland Thomas [mailto:ctho...@patton.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 24, 2001 3:05 PM
To: emcpost
Subject: Product Marking

Hello group,

I have a question concerning labeling a product. If we go to a NRTL and get
Safety testing performed, we typically put the Safety logo (UL for example)
on the product label. Our marketing people have a problem with having
different logo's. They would like to standarize on a single logo such as UL.
This kind of thinking hinders the process of getting the best price
possible. I would like to get the testing performed at a lab which doesn't
use UL. Would it be possible to just put "Conforms to UL 1950 and CAN/CSA
1950" on the label and forget the logo? Or is there a requirement to have a
logo?

Thanks,

Courtland Thomas
Patton Electronics