Hello KC,

I cannot comment on the Japanese standard; I can comment on the FCC
regulations.  The FCC does allow 40 dB/decade below 30 MHz; they also allow
a different roll-off established by measuring at 2 points along a radial.
The resultant may be different than 40 dB/decade, depending on the frequency
and the antenna.  A basic loop antenna at 13 MHz will likely produce less
than 40 dB/decade.  If the antenna is wound in a field canceling manor, you
might measure something greater than 40/dB per decade.

Best regards,

Don Umbdenstock
Tyco Safety Products
Sensormatic