From: KC CHAN [PDD] [mailto:kcc...@hkpc.org]
Sent: Thursday, June 06, 2002 7:36 PM
To: emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org
Subject: Measurement below 30MHz

To all

I just came across a Japanese standard about a RFID product at 13.5 MHZ, it
says that measurement of FCC from 30m to 3m will need to take the 20dB
conversion(ie 20dB/decade) into account.

But I found a statement from FCC part 15.31(f)(2) that at frequency below 30
MHZ, 40/decade extrapolation factor shall be used.

I just want to clarify which we should use for measurement below 30MHz,
20dB/decade or 40/decade?

Thank you
KC Chan

    http://ieeepstc.mindcruiser.com/

--- Begin Message ---
Ken Hall asked me to make these files available on my personal area on the
ARRL Web site.  He considers these to be public documents, so they can be
shared as needed.

The following summary document also contains hyperlinks to the various files
Ken shared with us earlier.

http://www.arrl.org/~ehare/c63/plc/C63_Summary_11_May.pdf
http://www.arrl.org/~ehare/c63/plc/C63_Summary_11_May.doc

http://www.arrl.org/~ehare/c63/plc/C63_Summary_11_May.htm - Not real pretty,
but good for those that cannot read .doc or .pdf files.

Let me also thank Ken for the significant amount of work he put into this
project. This really makes a big difference to the work of C63!

73,
Ed Hare, W1RFI
ARRL Lab
225 Main St
Newington, CT 06111
Tel: 860-594-0318
Internet: w1...@arrl.org
Web: http://www.arrl.org/tis

ARRL is the National Association for Amateur Radio.  It is supported by
membership dues, individual contributions and the sale of  publications and
advertising. For more information about ARRL, go to
http://www.arrl.org/news/features/inside-your-league.html. For more
information about membership, go to http://www.arrl.org/join.html.  Your
contribution can also help support ARRL's ongoing efforts to protect Amateur
spectrum. Go to https://www.arrl.org/forms/development/donations/basic/ to
learn more about the ways you can support the ARRL programs and activities
of most importance to you. You can help ARRL protect Amateur Radio for you
and future generations to enjoy.

--- End Message ---