Bonjour de Montreal,

Just a few comment about BSMI, MRAs and testing.

The APEC TEL MRA was sign by the DGT in Taiwan, thus allowing foreign
testing lab to the EMC on telecom equipment only. The extension, in USA, of
this MRA to Information Technology Equipment was negotiated separately by
the FCC (actually by the means of an exchange of letters between trade
office in Washington and Taipei for political reasons). The terms used in
those letters states that "Designated US based lab data would be recognized
by BSMI for tests performed on US products". In fact, Us tests labs can only
test US products. This situation made me test in Taiwan for the last two
years, waiting for the Taiwan Foreign affairs to sign the same type of
agreement with Canada.

On the other hand, South-Korea was just (see attachment) update their Annex
1 of the APEC Tel MRA, including all EMI and EMS test. So, accredited tests
labs, even American ones, if they have their scope modified to include the
South-Korean requirements, could be designated. I just received mine a few
days ago.

Benoît Nadeau, ing., M.ing. (P.Eng., M.Eng)
Gérant du Groupe Conformité (Conformity Group Manager)
Matrox
1055, boul St-Régis
Dorval (Québec)
Canada H9P 2T4