LINK LOSS
Complete link loss is likely from the collision-detect circuitry (EUT or
AE);  it interprets the induced RF + signal as a collision.  Hubs typically
'partition' ports having high collision rates (remaining ports function
normally if the noisy node is disconnected).  Some hubs 'unpartition' a
noisy port if it is quiet for several minutes.  In my opinion, a partitioned
port is a failure.

BIT ERROR
Ethernet is designed for a 1E-10 to 1E-14 bit-error-rate environment.
Higher rates clog the network with resent packets.  See M. Shooman, "The
Reliability of Error Correcting Code Implementations." Proc RAMS:1996. IEEE,
p148,ff.  IEC61000-4-6 acceptance criteria do not require theoretical
bit-error rates during screening.  Consider your customer:  evaluate
competitive product and set your goal at equal or better performance.

TEST VALIDITY
In light of the above, it is important that the immunity test configuration
be close to real world.
1) Preserve the IEEE802.3 transmission line - avoid short cables (especially
with F-E) and do not attach probes to the line (possible antenna)
2) Cat-5 is required for Ethernet/F-E; 10/100 should also be tested at 10Mb
on Cat-3
3) 'band-aid' fixes for EN55022 can reduce immunity;  ferrited RJ-45's
increase back pressure causing cable-length sensitivites (very bad -
customer complaints - no fault found).
4) Field strength is high near the RF input end of the EM clamp.  Keep
unrelated AE cables away from this area;  >300mm clamp-EUT separationmay be
required (which you should note on the data sheet).

TECHNICAL
A good starting point is Application Note 8.7 by T. Greene and P. Brandt on
SMSC's website http://www.smsc.com

David