Many line filters do indeed have a bleeder resistor built in.  There
are a few which do not, and I am familiar with one Delta filter that
does not.  We added the bleeder across the terminals of the filter and
it was approved by UL.  It just has to be done in accordance with
accepted construction practices.

This particular filter is and IEC plug type so the leads are not
saliently exposed unless the cord is left attached.  None the less I
agree with John that it is not a good idea to ignore because one
instance will get you a lot of word-of-mouth bad press and sales are
hard-enough to come by so to speak.

Warren Birmingham
Epsilon-Mu Consultants
(510) 793-4806