From: Tyra, John [mailto:john_t...@bose.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 13, 2002 3:10 PM
To: 'Chris Maxwell'; Payne, Richard; emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org
Subject: RE: Creepage on PCB Internal Layers

I have always found the 1010 standard to be very vague.................I
haven't worked with this standard in a while and I am sure others on the
list can offer a more complete interpretation but take a look at UL/IEC60950
sub-clauses 2.10.5.1 and 2.10.5.3. for better clarification.

In 2.10.5.1 It specifies that for traces on the same layer there is no
spacings required only through insulation requirements (0.4mm for
supplemental and reinforced insulation for voltages above 71 Vp). it refers
to sub-clause 2.10.5.1 which outlines the through insulation requirements
for the different voltage levels.................

I don't remember if the 1010 standard has through insulation thickness
requirements but I would use them for your spacing
requirements....................I would use at least 0.4mm as this is pretty
standard in most IEC standards...