From: owner-emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org
[mailto:owner-emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org] On Behalf Of Peter Merguerian
Sent: Friday, October 18, 2002 5:03 AM
To: 'john...@itesafety.com'; Peter Merguerian; 'Joshua Wiseman';
'Emc-Pstc (E-mail)'
Subject: RE: Mobile Power Cart

Bob,

You state: "Note that 60950 stability requirements are intended to
address equipment which is not in motion." I disagree.

Parag. 1.2.3.1 of the 60950 standard defines monable equipment as one
that is either

- 18 kg or less in mass and not fixed, or

- equipment with wheels, castors, or other means to facilitate movement
by the operator as required to perform its intended use.

What I think you meant to say is that the stability requirements in
60950 should be revised by the international standards community to
address tipping when they encounter floor joints, elevator thresholds,
etc, a special concern when battery acids may be involved.

All the Best,