Bob,

You state: "Note that 60950 stability requirements are intended to address
equipment which is not in motion." I disagree.
Parag. 1.2.3.1 of the 60950 standard defines monable equipment as one that
is either

- 18 kg or less in mass and not fixed, or
- equipment with wheels, castors, or other means to facilitate movement by
the operator as required to perform its intended use.

What I think you meant to say is that the stability requirements in 60950
should be revised by the international standards community to address
tipping when they encounter floor joints, elevator thresholds, etc, a
special concern when battery acids may be involved.

All the Best,

This e-mail message may contain privileged or confidential information. If
you are not the intended recipient, you may not disclose, use, disseminate,
distribute, copy or rely upon this message or attachment in any way. If you
received this e-mail message in error, please return by forwarding the
message and its attachments to the sender.

PETER S. MERGUERIAN

Technical Director

I.T.L. (Product Testing) Ltd.

26 Hacharoshet St., POB 211

Or Yehuda 60251, Israel

Tel: + 972-(0)3-5339022  Fax: + 972-(0)3-5339019

Mobile: + 972-(0)54-838175

http://www.itl.co.il <http://www.itl.co.il/>

http://www.i-spec.com <http://www.i-spec.com/>