I read in !emc-pstc that Andrew Wood <andrew.w...@landinst.com> wrote
(in <e49d8b319a2fd5119e2808002bc33c591c8...@landuk1.landinst.com>) about
'EN 61010-1 2001  and IEC61010-3', on Thu, 28 Mar 2002:
>So bottom line is: is my understanding of the current requirements of
>EN61010-1
>6.10.2 correct?

I think so.

>Secondly and out of curiosity does anyone know why IEC61010-1-3 1997 seems to
>contradict this?

The sentence in -1 has been misinterpreted, probably by someone whose
first language is not English, and no-one has noticed.  The wrong
interpretation is the one obtained by applying strict logic to the
sentence, without a realization that the result is technically
improbable.

The matter should be referred back to IEC SC62A so that the error can be
corrected. The sentence would not, I think, be capable of that
misinterpretation if it were written:

A compression bushing shall not be used as a cord anchorage unless the
bushing has been designed to terminate a screened MAINS supply cord or
it has provision for clamping all types and sizes of MAINS supply cords
which meet the requirements of 6.10.1 and are suitable for connection to
the TERMINALS provided.
http://www.isce.org.uk
PLEASE do NOT copy news posts to me by E-MAIL!