It depends.  If your product is to be located adjacent to the PC in actual
operation, then it is appropriate to include the PC with the EUT.  If your
product is more like an Ethernet hub that is not intended to be co-located with
the PC, then the PC can be outside the chamber.  I would test it both ways to
be sure.  If the PC is outside the test chamber, it will be much easier to
determine the compliance level and any problems originating from your product.

As to termination, you do need to terminate the cable and should have the link
active with traffic flowing over the connection.  CISPR 22 suggests a minimum
of 10% traffic when testing conducted emissions on telecom ports (9.5.3).
CISPR/I is in the process of better defining what should be the consistency of
that 10%.  But, the intent of the standard is clear -- the port should be
terminated and active durng testing.  Also refer to section 8.2.
John P. Wagner
Regulatory Compliance & Mandatory Standards
AVAYA Strategic Standards.
1300 W. 120th Ave, Room B3-D16
Phone/Fax: (303) 538-4241
johnwag...@avaya.com