Dave Cuthbert write

>> the point at which ferrites are placed will not always have a common
mode impedance of 50 ohms. Here's An example: a large DUT has a 1 meter
long cable that connects <<

Not always; make that "rarely."

Comments about the 150 ohm impedance are on target. That might be difficult
to hold to. I can see the entry needing to be a "bump" of not more than 15
ohms at the high frequency end, and increasing per unit length attenuation
with distance from the entry.

Cortland