Hi Joe:

>   As has been discussed in previous threads, NRTL Listing is not a
>   requirement to sell electronic products in the U.S.  However, there are
>   cities, counties, etc. within the U.S. that do require NRTL Listing.
>   These include Los Angeles and Chicago.  Does anyone have a comprehensive
>   list of all the cities, counties or states that do require NRTL Listing.

The list would be very much shorter if the
list contained those cities or counties that
do NOT require safety certification.

(I would venture to say there are none.)

You could probably get such a list from UL
or CSA or MET or ETL other safety
certification house that has applied for and
been accepted in those jurisdictions.  Just
ask for a list of states, counties, and cities
where their mark is accepted.

Personally, I know of no city, county, or
state that does not require safety certification
(listing) of electrical products.

Your mention of cities, counties, and states
implies the local electrical code requirements
(usually the NEC).

"NRTL" is a concept of the Occupational
Safety and Health Adminstration (OSHA).  OSHA
is a federal government entity that addresses
workplace safety, not local electrical codes.
NRTL certification of an electrical product
used in the workplace satisfies an employer's
requirement (under OSHA) to supply a safe
electrical device for use by employees.

There is no connection between local electrical
codes and "NRTL."  But, we know what you mean!
:-)

Best regards,
Rich

    http://ieeepstc.mindcruiser.com/