as
90-135/180-265 Vac, however in the phyical unit is written as 115/230 V .
Q1 : Is this a non conformity ? Should a VN be raised ?<<<<<

Theoretically, it's a non-conformity, however if the component is being used
within its ratings, the most appropriate action would be to request a change
to the FUS procedure to indicate the actual ratings.  My guess is the
inspector would write a VN, but not hold up shipment.

120-127V
, however in the actual label on the unit it is written as
120-127V/220-240V.
Q2. Is this a non conformity ? Should a VN be raised ?<<<<

Is this the overall product rating?   If the product is Listed with a voltage
rating of 120-127, you cannot put a voltage rating outside of that range on
the label unless or until the unit has been evaluated by UL at the new
voltage rating.   If the product was tested at the higher voltage rating as
well as the lower one, then you need to have the FUS procedure revised to
indicate the appropriate rating on the label.   Otherwise, it's a
non-conformity and you may be required to hold shipment or remove the labels.

agency certification, however i the actual physical unit, it only containes
one or two safety agency logos.
Q3. Is this a non conformity ? Should a VN be raised ?<<<<

Is it necessary for the component to carry "many safety certifications"?  If
not, then the Procedure should only indicate the one type of certification
that matters.  If the "one or two" safety agency logos are sufficient, it is
redundant to mention others and will likely result in questions or confusion
during the inspection.  If, on the other hand, the other certifications were
mentioned because they are relevant to the requirements of the standard, then
they must be there.

UL's product report been approved by the UL ?<<<<<

The IPI is usually carried out using a temporary or draft Follow Up Service
Procedure that has gone through a final review at UL.  The only thing that
might remain to be done is to have the report typed in final form and
uploaded into their systems.  However, for a number of reasons, there may be
minor typos or inconsistencies in the report.  You need to immediately report
any problems or mistakes you identify to the UL engineer who issued the
Procedure.  If the mistakes are UL's fault (in other words, the information
in the report is different than the info you provided them ), then UL should
not charge you to fix the report.

ral
and condition of testing been included ?<<<<

Yes.

procedure for a product should be written
so that we are not caught up with it, particularly on the rating,model and
safety agency certification requirement for the product ?<<<<<

One of the most common causes of variation notices is overly detailed
information in the FUS procedure.  Remember that the UL field inspector does
not have engineering decision making authority, and was not involved in the
original engineering investigation.  Field Inspectors are trained to assume
that anything called out in the FUS report is necessary to the safety of the
product.  If there is a question about the FUS procedure during the IPI that
the inspector is not qualified to resolve, then the decision has to go back
to UL engineering, which can cost you time and money.

You should be concerned with any information in the FUS procedure that is not
directly tied to the critical safety elements of the product design.  For
example, calling out transformer core dimensions to the hundredths of an inch
is probably unnecessary, but some engineers may still do it out of habit.
The fact that a component has 5 different certification marks on it may or
may not be relevant.  But if it's not relevant and it appears in the
procedure, ask UL to take it out.  I recommend you go through the Procedure
with a fine-tooth comb and ask UL to make changes to it if there are any
items that you think are not safety critical, or not consistent with the
actual construction of the production unit.

Hope this helps.

Greg Galluccio
www.productapprovals.com